Dr. Susan Rodger part of newly formed Teacher Education Wellness Committee
Tuesday, October 16, 2018
With the new fall term well underway, the Faculty of Education has formed a volunteer Teacher Education Wellness Committee. The committee is comprised of current teacher candidates, faculty, and staff; with Kathy Hibbert, Associate Dean of Teacher Education Chairing the committee.
As a function, the committee will seek to:
- develop, deliver, evaluate and sustain a comprehensive workplace health and wellness program for Teacher Education students, faculty and staff;
- identify opportunities to improve workplace well-being to students, faculty and staff;
- liaise with university wellness organizations to improve the flow of communication, events and activities that benefit the Education community;
- support the development of wellness initiatives;
- explore opportunities to provide wellness programs;
- champion wellness in the faculty;
- work closely with students, faculty and staff on building a healthy workplace/learning culture.
Susan Rodger will play a key faculty role on the committee, along with Joanne Trudell, Traci Sheepstra, and Deanna Friesen.
Teacher Candidates include Kaitlyn Vermeeren, Meagan Barkans, Katelyn Browning, Dilpreet Moti, and Student Council President Princess Marfil.
Katelyn Mentone and Anna Zuber will represent the staff of the Faculty of Education.